Five Fandom Friday: Comfort Films

11:00



This weeks selection is comfort films. And it was HARD. I couldn't decide how to go about it, whether to just pick different ones I love or what. In the end I went for ones I tend to watch on rainy days or when I'm feeling a bit meh.



1) Tucker and Dale vs Evil. 

This film is AMAZING. Think of all those films with the creepy killer rednecks. Now what if those rednecks were actually innocent victims of circumstance? It is so so funny. Alan Tudyk (Firefly, Dollhouse, Spectrum etc etc) is in it so you know it's going to be good! I know this word for word, well I know most of the films on this list word for word actually. Don't judge me! When I just can't cheer up this is what I watch.




2) The ORIGINAL Stargate

Which I have on blu ray. Yeah baby. It's just ... dude it's STARGATE. It's awesome. SO awesome. This is my "fuck sake it's raining and I'm alone let's slob it" movie. It's a thing. Bet ya! It started the behemoth that is the Stargate series. I love it.








3) Priscilla: Queen of the Desert

A M A Z I N G! And Guy Pearce is hot as hell as a drag queen. 3 drag queens road trip to a job with a surprise ending. It's a good film, it shows alot of issues faced by gay men/women at the time (and even now in some cases) whilst being funny as hell and showing strength. It's a great movie when you need a bit of inspiration to get moving with things.






4) Star Trek

I LOVED this film. I was worried they would ruin the tv show with whatever changes they made but it's amazing. The alternate time stream was a great way to allow deviations to any original plots and still kept it totally within the Trek realm. The casting was top notch too! Not a huge fan of Kirk in these films but the rest are just SUCH a huge yes. Scotty, Bones, Uhura and Spock are AMAZINGLY well cast. Spock especially. SO well cast. This is another rainy day kind of film. When I just want to drown in my nerdom.




5) 10 Things I Hate About You

Well ... I'm allowed ONE girly film! Right? ... Right?!! Plus it's based on Shakespeare and I do love me the bard. This is actually based on The Taming Of The Shrew, which oddly alot of people don't seem to know? Weirdos. Mind you I might have been the weird one for having a huge collection of Sharkespeare at like 11 ... moving on! It's just a good feel good movie. And Heath Ledger is really very pretty. Swoon like pretty. Sometimes I'm shallow. 


How about you? What comforts you when you need it?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. "10 Things I hate about you" is so amazing! I remember going to the movie theater and seeing that for the first time. Wow it seems so long ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it so much! I'm a big Shakespeare gal anyways so this was such a good film to come out when I was younger haha. I got such odd looks for knowing what it was based on.

      Delete